I coined the term "Redneck Safari" this past year. We used to have a Texas Safari here where you rode around in your own car kind of through a zoo and fed the animals. Our last trip consisted of me trying to feed an ostrich some dog food pellets and it tried to take my hand off. ( ok, maybe he didn't want to take my hand off but at 6yrs old I guess you're a bit dramatic, we never went back)
Yes, friends that's Boone's Farm. Oh and in the back what looks like Jack Daniel's... Nope it's a Jack Daniel's knock off Ezra Brooks. And Roscoe... Yep he was killed at our deer lease and hangs in the tree as our official mascot the whole time we're there. (Actually he was killed during my 1st hunt. I had killed a doe and he was headed for it. Sorry Roscoe, but you weren't getting my 1st doe) The Redneck Safari consists of driving around the pasture, drinking Boone's, varmint hunting. Hogs, foxes, rabbits, raccoons, coyotes and whatever other night creatures hanging around. Sounds like fun, huh?
On a running note, this week I wasn't feeling too great but I don't have time to take off since my race is 4 weeks away. YIKES! So since it was such a beautiful day I sucked it up and got out there. I'm glad I did, it made me feel a lot better. 8 miles on tap this weekend. During my last training 8 miles was my favorite so I'm actually looking forward to it. Should be in the 60s here so it will be perfect! Wish me luck!

Good luck on your run!
ReplyDeleteHave fun this weekend...sounds like a ball...love me some Boones...HA!!!!!!
Have a great weekend!! ...and enjoy your 8 miles :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend. It was nice to hear that 8 miles was your favorite, I haven't gotten there yet in my training, but now I'm looking forward to it!!!
ReplyDelete