Background

Friday, February 5, 2010

6.5 Mile Redemption

Ok, here's the thing. I have 6.5 miles scheduled to run tomorrow. When I think back to the last time I ran 6.5 miles it almost killed me. Mind you after that, 8, 9.5 and even 11 miles came and went fine. But those 6.5 miles were brutal.

At the time that was the longest distance I had ever even attempted to run. It was hot and I didn't exactly have my training down to know what to do when I'm running for an hour or more. Where I run, "down by the river", there's a small water park by a playground that the kiddos can go cool off in the summer. Or Where I can scare parents w/ their kids by walking into the water park fully clothed panting like a maniac, face flushed from the heat, sun, dehydration, or all of the above. Yep, I stripped off my fannypack and ipod, dove in and cooled my sweaty @ss off. I feel a little more prepared now, but still. I have to admit I'm nervous.

Nervous but determined. I'm going back to that 6.5 mile run. I'm going to run the same route as last time and show that 6.5 miler who's boss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holla atcha girl..