Background

Friday, February 12, 2010

A little bitching before Valentine's Day

Ok, seriously.. enough with this nasty weather. I don't even have any cute snow day pictures to share. It's just COLD, RAINY, WET & NASTY. No, not cute at all. How do people live like this?? I mean, give me 100+ degrees anyday but this overcast, no sun shining, wet weather can really bring a person down. The sun seems like it goes up late and comes down early. You have to pile on a ton of clothes, most of which can't be too cute since you're trying to stay as warm as possible. I mean, how sexy can a sweater be?? Ohh, or a turtleneck?? Yeah BABY!!

Next week it's supposed to be somewhat pretty and at least in the 50s. See, it just doesn't stay cold enough here to even try to get used to it. And with my self-imposed outdoor running cutoff of 40*, I've had to do some of my runs on the dreadmill. My race is only 5 weeks away so I need to do it to it!! Oh, yeah, my running buddy may have bailed on me so I'll have to navigate my 1st 1/2 marathon by myself.

Ok, enough bitching. It's Valentine's Weekend!! Kb & I are of course spending it together. We may be going to Gruene Hall to hear Stoney LaRue. Ahhh, Cold beer and Live Texas Music, 2 of my favorite things. Sometime this weekend Charlene and I have an easy 4 mile run. We may be doing that when I get back from our concert on Sunday. Good times Indeed!! Love is in the air!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you are bummed about the weather. At least we got snow:)

    Enjoy your weekend...I love me some live TX country and am SOOOOO jealous :))

    Happy V-day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my battery runs on sunshine too...
    Have a great weekend and lucky you for getting weather in the 50's next week (that's like months away for me :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, that sounds fun!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Holla atcha girl..