Background

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Saturday Run w/ a new Running Buddy

Well, I did it. I went back to tha riva and faced my 6.5 miler that almost killed me last time. It wasn't too bad. It was probably 50* colder than the last time and wasn't unbearable. My shin splints didn't bother me at all (Thank you acupuncture treatments!!) and I didn't even need to step into the water/spray park and scare any of the kiddos or their parents.

Ok so, remember my goal post a while back when I said I wanted to pick a charity to volunteer with?? Well, today was my first step. Throughout my life 1 thing has been a constant. Pets. Dogs to be specific. We've always had a dog or dogs. I can't imagine my life without them. We've either adopted them or they've adopted us. So, I've decided to help other dogs adopt a forever family and work with Fuzzy Friends Rescue. A friend of mine works there. They have a program where people can come in and take the dogs for a walk to get them some exercise so I asked her about a running buddy. She said it sounded like a great idea. So Saturday I met Charlene....


She's a mutt and they don't know how old she is but she's super sweet!! It was tough getting to know each other at first but she's been leash trained and did pretty well considering the circumstances. She was thrown into a new place with a new leader but she did great!! We saw kids riding bikes, guys playing disc golf, squirrels, some people fishing and kiddos feeding ducks. She was focused and stayed with me the whole way. When I took her back, everyone at FFR was so grateful and let me know how much that means to them and the dogs. They're excited to put this on her profile so maybe she can be somebody's forever running buddy. Until then, she can be mine. Sleep well tonight Charlene, I'll see you next week.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you had a running buddy!!! SO FUN!
    She is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute dog! You're doing a great thing!

    ReplyDelete

Holla atcha girl..