RunTex is a great running specialty shop in the Austin area. I went to the one in Georgetown. I heard so much about this place from friends and reading online I couldn't wait to check it out. When I got there they had me take off my shoes, do some flexibiliyt exercies with my toes and then run around so they could watch my pronation. Yeah, barefoot. It was pretty cool! I told them about the shin splints and that my outer 2 toes on each foot go numb after long runs. Wait... I never talked about that?? I knew it wasn't normal but since it went away I didn't worry about it. N-E Whoooo They said that my shoes were probably too small and suggested a 1/2 to 1 size bigger than what I had. They brought out 3-4 pairs for me to try and I decided on a pair of Brooks Defyance. They are so light and confortable, I was super stoked!!
Fast forward again to last weekend's 6.5 mile run. This was a first for me. I got a blister. And no not in a normal place like your heel or toes. It's on the arch of my foot!! Geez! I mean, what the hell am I supposed to do about that?? This morning I tried a 2nd Skin blister pad but it just inched it's way off my foot and attempted to jump out of my sock. So much for that idea. Other than the blister, these shoes have been great. No pain in my shins, and no numb toes! Yippee!!
Hey! Thanks for posting on my blog. Let me know how those Brooks work out for you. I had a pair of Brooks a long time ago and loved them (wasn't a runner hard-core back then). I now have some new balance, but I know they aren't the best.
ReplyDeleteBeing a newbie myself...I like to follow along with other newbies :)
ReplyDeleteHope the shoes don't give you too much trouble.
Wow...super pretty kicks!!
ReplyDeleteI need me a new pair :))
You might try MoleSkin tape to cover the blisters. Works like a charm!
ReplyDelete