- Goldthwaite Eagles were 1-A State Champs this year and are proud of it.
- People there LOVE their yard art. (I thought 1 place I passed was an actual shop selling that crap but it just turned out it was a yard overserved with yard art)
- I never want to run by a meat processing plant again. That is not a whiff you want to repeat.
- In 7 blocks there's every possible church denomination and 1 non-denominational funeral home. (No, not 7 square blocks just 7 blocks)
- They have a thing for yellow cars (I passed a yellow hummer, a yellow jeep and some other yellow car)
I caught a glimpse of myself running in the mirrored window of Mills County Bank. I thought for sure I ran like a gazelle despite my 5'1" frame. Instead I came to the realization that I run more like a Smurf. Short, squatty with my butt sticking out. Oh well, at least I'm out there!! Right?!?
The Redneck Safari did not disappoint. During our nightly round 1 guy got in a hog trap to try to fix it, you'd think we were under attack from raccoons, we came upon 1 jackrabbit and a very confused doe. I think she was sleeping and woke up to a big white pickup truck and 3 dudes including 1 in a hog trap. She must have thought she was in a bad dream. Needless to say there were no Boone's Farm or Animals killed that night.
Yard art! HA!! You crack me up...smurf!! HA!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a very eclectic little town :) Great job on the 9 miles and on the increasing pace! Smurf? You're very funny :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWHAT??? No BOONES Killed??? ~that. just. aint. right!!Hmmm, we must run alot alike, (Ive been told I look vaugly similar to your discription!!) Cept Im 5'll... at least you can look gracefull doing it so cute and little. Im a giant running Smurf ( minus the blue~ness!!) Cute blog ;) xoxo LA
ReplyDeleteThis post made me laugh out loud...meat packing plant though...ICK.
ReplyDelete