Background

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Get a Grip

I'm really taking this time to get a handle on my eating habits. I know, taking this on while pregnant may not be the best idea but just hear me out... Here's a week in my life normally, ie not pregnant. Monday - Thursday I'm on... for the most part. Eating right, working out, maybe meeting the girls for dinner or drinks 1 night. If I do that I'll probably think I've blown it for the week and end up picking up fast food  for lunch the next day. Friday the hubs and I may go out, have a few drinks, dinner, Saturday we get up and go to our favorite little burrito place, that afternoon we'll wind up having beers somewhere watching sports of some kind. Sunday is Funday Sunday, a day of mimosas, or irish coffee and eating a big Sunday breakfast of eggs benedict or waffles then dinner cooked at home. I'll start to realize the damage I've done and vow to get back on the preverbial horse on Monday. Then the cycle continues.

Now, I'm drinking tons of water insead of beer and really trying to think about what goes into my body. I'm terrified of gaining too much weight. I'm really trying to stay on my workouts and making a goal of at least 3 times a week. But most of all I'm really trying to listen to my body. If it needs rest, I'm giving it rest. If I feel good and want to get a good sweat on, I do it. If I'm craving something sweet, which isn't out of the norm pregnant or not, I really try to think about it and decide weather to give in and head to the vending machine or if I can curb it with something somewhat healthy. Maybe a chocolate chip 90 calorie granola bar or some fruit instead of a few mini Twix or Snickers. Today I needed something sweet and cured it with a packet of sugar-free cherry limeade I found. It's the little things.

Also, I've really been trying to make dinner at home. Something healthy and somewhat light. We eat mostly organic meats at home. (Read: deer meat and fresh caught fish of some kind). The deer meat is low in fat and I know the fish wasn't fed some kind of  protein injected chicken shit at a farm in China. So I feel good about that.

Don't get me wrong...I give in and indulge sometimes but I'm really trying to keep things in check and hope this leads to a healthy pregnancy, and baby. I also hope this will make a somewhat easy transition after the baby gets here to help me lose baby weight and then some.

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl, do I EVER feel you on this! I think the first trimester is easy for most women to control their appetites since the morning sickness sucks and you don't feel like eating anyways! At least for me, now that my body's getting the hang of this pregnancy thing, it's a food free-for-all...and that ain't good fo' nobody! I've got a couple of friends who are at the same point (or later on) in their pregnancy and they are so much smaller than me! Yeah, definitely makes me feel like Miss. Piggy! Plus, the gorging on sugary crap can't be good for me or the baby!

    Moral of the story -- you're definitely not alone in this and I'm struggling with the whole "eating what's right for baby" mantra too. But damnit, sometimes those cookies, brownies and ice cream get the best of me!

    Wishing you all the best as you find your "happy medium" during your pregnancy. Lord knows I'm still looking for mine!

    ReplyDelete

Holla atcha girl..