Background

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Workin it Out

So, I'm really trying to stay in shape during my pregnancy. I really do enjoy working out. I'm not the smallest person out there, in fact I'm pretty, um... solid? I consider myself strong and in shape but am no string bean. The first few weeks I was so tired I didn't feel like working out but after about 8-9 weeks I got my energy back and now I do. I used to go to boot camp workouts and loved it. I felt like it was pretty extreme and thought I should dial it back a bit. Now I go to Zumba, a toning class, make up my own circuit workouts or just go for walk intervals at home.

My friends and family give me mixed vibes on working out though. The doc said I could do anything I was doing before. Some are saying "Jenn, take this time to be lazy and take it easy" "You know you shouldn't get your heart rate up too much" "Don't get too hot" "Be careful, you need to make sure everything is situated where it should be" Like something might come loose? The people giving me this "advice" aren't actually reaping the benefits from some cardiovascular activities themselves so I don't know where they have room to talk.

The doc also said I should expect to gain anywhere from 25-30 pounds, anything else is going to go straight to my ass. No one  wants anything going straight to their ass. So I'm trying to stay ahead of the game and hope the more I do now the longer I can do it and the faster I can get back to it.

Some of the best advice I've received came from my GYN. He said "You're pregnant. Not stupid. Listen to your body and use common sense" Works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holla atcha girl..