Background

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Baby Steps

So, I'm still getting used to this pregnancy thing. Fortunately I haven't had any real symptoms. In fact, I don't "feel" pregnant at all. I'm a little tired and my energy level isn't where is usually is but other than that I feel pretty good.

Before Pregnancy, I was working out with Camp Gladiator Boot Camp and really working on my calories with My Fitness Pal. I love boot camp style workouts. I love working out outside and using my own weight to push my self to limits I never thought possible. I even moved up to real pushups! I was on a roll! Then BAM! so here's my problem, I still kinda have that mindset but I have a little one to worry about now. I worry about getting my heartrate up too much, I worry I'm not eating enough or eating too much, I'm worried I'm going to crunch or pull or stretch the wrong way and hurt myself or my expanding womb. Fortunately and unfortunately I am like a sponge and want to read and learn everything I can about whatever new adventure I'm into. Here's what I've found: for every pregnancy piece of advice you find,  you can find somewhere that will tell you the opposite.

I don't want to let myself go but I want to be smart. I know I'm not really "eating for two" but I want to make sure I'm getting enough calories for a healthy baby. I know that doing an hour bootcamp style may be a little overkill with all the jumping, sprinting, sit-ups and whatever other crazy combos they come up with, I can modify and come up with my own circuits at home and still feel like I'm getting a workout in. I can maybe substitute all the high impact, heart pumping cardio with some Zumba. That gets my heartrate up but is easy on the joints. (and it goes by fast)

I've just felt kinda out of control since I don't know what to expect or how to expect to feel or what this does to my body or my baby. I need a plan and something that makes me feel like I'm getting somewhere.

I've done lots of training, been to tons of differnt workouts and I know I can stick to something I put my mind to. I'm going to take this week by week and try to come up with some goals. I'll try to log how I feel here so I can measure my progress. Here goes for next week:
  1. Work out at least 30 minutes 3x
  2. Add in fruits and veggies to meals and snacks
  3. Track what I eat and how I feel.
I'm pretty in tune with my body so I'm going to just try and do what feels good.
    Baby steps, let's see what this does to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holla atcha girl..