Background

Monday, February 4, 2013

Lemon Water and Football

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it does it? Actually the game was pretty good, I was happy about that. What sucked was being at a bar w/ friends not drinking and having to listen to and put up with drunk idiots. Kb and I went to my in-laws bar which is actually clean, non smoking and wasn't crowded. All the makings of a decent night. *Cue cold beer, lots of shots and a 35 minute delay due to the lights being out that made everyone lose interest and drink faster. All that mess equals drunk, loud dumbass-ery. I think my husband is taking this "Sweet! I have a designated driver for the next 9 months" a little too seriously.

I'm not a designated driver by CHOICE! I love nothing more than to drink cold beer and watch sports with my man. It was tough to sip my lemon water and eat bar-b-que. Ya know things just don't sound as good if you can't put beer with it. Like, no one ever says "Hey, want to watch the game a grab some pizza and sweet tea?" or "How 'bout some lemon water and wings?" Whoo-boy!

That's the one thing I can say I miss most, being able to enjoy the golden nectar of my Miller Lite. I know it's all worth it and people even say.. "When you haven't had it for 9 months it really doesn't sound good any more" Yeah, right! All I can say to my husband right now is drink up son, in 6 months it'll be my turn and it will be ugly.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, do I ever sympathize with you, girl! Whoever said they don't miss alcohol after not having it for nine months is a big fat LIAR! I too was the lone preggo drinking boring water and virgin margaritas yesterday during the Super Bowl...boo :(

    Once this baby pops out, I'm drinking myself stupid. And then I'm going to wake up in the morning and want to die. But it sure does sound like an amazing idea right now ;)

    ReplyDelete

Holla atcha girl..