Background

Thursday, September 2, 2010

D-day Recap

Don’t you hate it when you have a great plan and someone throws their 1year old yapping Maltese puppy into the mix? That’s what happened on Tuesday. We puppy sat Kb’s mom’s dog while they went out of town for a funeral. That dog was up most of the night and so were we. That led to the start of D-day as not so much “shock & awe” but more like a fizzed out roman candle. With the dog keeping us up and Kb going dove hunting at 5, I didn’t get much sleep so needless to say I didn’t get up and walk. I chose to do the peeps at work a favor and try to get a few more minutes of beauty rest. I knew Kb would be hunting after work too so I thought I’d just get my walk in that afternoon.

Tuesday I planned out my meals for the next day and that really helped. I find that if I plan what I’m going to eat I end up being completely satisfied since it was something I was looking forward to. I don’t know how that works but whatever. I stayed on plan all day and wasn’t really hungry. I knew what I was getting and when and it all went really well.

I also weighed in and measured yesterday morning. ~yikes~ I haven’t had a scale all summer and let’s just say I was shocked! It kinda brought me down a bit. Here’s a few of the thoughts that went through my head “how the hell did I let this happen” (even though I KNOW it didn’t happen over night and know good and well how I let it happen)“That’s the biggest number I’ve ever seen staring back at me”(Hopefully I won’t see it again) “I want a cookie for breakfast”. Realizing I didn’t have any cookies in the house to have for breakfast, I snapped out of it and thought “Remember how excited you are to start this journey?, Remember the time and research you’ve put into this?, Remember how miserable you feel?” and I snapped out of it. I stayed on track the rest of the day, I went for my walk when I got off work and I’m ready to do it all over again today. I mean, this is a life change and I'm ready to take it on. I got myself into this mess and I can get myself out of it.


It’s almost Friday people, we can do this.

1 comment:

Holla atcha girl..