I have been such a busy bee lately! I'm behind on all things in the blogosphere. Reading, updating, commenting, I'm behind on it all. Rather than bore you with how busy work's been and personal life blah, blah, blah I'll go with what's been going on this weekend.
I had a couple of breakthroughs! I went for my *boring* walk again Friday night. I've been trying to jazz it up some. Since I'm walking on these country roads my only real landmarks are telephone poles. (ok, my ironman triathalon watch with interval timers needs a new battery so it's the telephone poles for now) I walk at a pretty normal pace from one to the other then speed it up to the next one. Well, Friday night I put in a quick little jog interval to test out ol' janky. I felt GREAT! It was only a few short runs but my body really needed it. If I can put some of those in everytime I'll feel a lot better about getting out there. It sucks when you really don't look forward to a workout.
Speaking of looking forward to a work out... My 2nd breakthrough is I went to a Zumba class on Saturday morning! A girl at work went last week and talked me into trying it out. Holy Crap it was fun! I'm not usually the aerobics kinda gal but this really didn't feel like aerobics. It realy felt like a latin/hip hop/ "sure to give me a body like Beyonce" kind of dance class. (I have to use Beyonce purely based on butt size, hers and mine) Great music, the instructor wasn't yelling out all kinds of moves you just felt the beat and followed along. Many, MANY moons ago I was in a lot of dance classes and was even on the dance team in high school, so I know that dancer is in there somewhere. I felt her coming out baby! Of course it helps when I was in a place where I couldn't see myself in the mirror. 'Cause if you can't see yourself looking like an idiot surely you DON'T look like an idiot right? We had a shimmy contest and I won! HollA! Nobody can shake it, shake, shake, shake it like me! Ha! An hour went by pretty quick and my bandana sweat band was working some serious overtime. I can't wait to go back!
That's all for now, off to catch up on bloggy blogs! Later taters!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Holla atcha girl..