Background

Friday, September 3, 2010

Snack Attack

One of the hurdles I'm trying to overcome is eating when I'm not hungry. Why do I do this? Just yesterday I wanted something to eat. Anything, not even a craving, I just wanted to eat. I asked myself if I was hungry and decided I wasn't so I did the BL trick and popped some gum.

For all of the past 2 days I've been really good at journaling everything. I've been journaling temptations, and my work arounds. I've been planning out my meals and snacks. I've decided to give myself 2 snack times; 10:30 in the morning and 4:00 in the afternoon. I can only snack during those times and only if I'm hungry. Anything earlier or later is too close to a meal. At 10:30 I'll have a 100cal popcorn bag since that's when my salt craving hits and I can eat the whole bag since it's only 100 calories. At 4:00 I pack a green apple or some yogurt. We never eat before 7 at our house so this keeps me from raiding the fridge when I get home from work. At my snack times I ask myself if I'm hungry or eating just to eat. If I'm eating just to eat I'll save my snack for another day. Hey.. It's working so far.

1 comment:

  1. Good job! I'm always so hungry in the morning and then it kind of tapers off after lunch which I eat pretty early at 11:30. We've been eating REALLY late after football practice!

    ReplyDelete

Holla atcha girl..