Background

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Is your mind right?

It's here! D-Day is tommorow! I'm calling it D-day becuase it is my full on assault on my current habits and lifestyle. I'm going to eat less, eat better and move more! I'm really glad I took the past 10 days or so to get my mind right and didn't just have a couple of bad meals and said "that's it. MONDAY I'm starting over!" How many Mondays have we had? I feel focused! I have a plan and all the tools to make it work. I mean earlier this year I ran a freakin 1/2 marathon! I know I can be dedicated.

I've been loading up and researching all things Weight Watchers and reading up on my South Beach Diet. Neither one should really be called a "diet" both are about making the right choices. WW allows you to be more lenient and gives you the occasional splurge. The science behind South Beach makes sense and lets you make choices that keep you full longer and make your body work. A mix of the 2 should lead to a good healthy life.

I've been thinking about my workout plan and listening to my body. I really think I need to get more confidence in janky 'ol ankle before I start jumping around with Jillian. I'm go to keep it low impact this first 6 weeks and walk 20 minutes every morning before work and do pilates Tuesday and Thursday. Since I know I like to push myself I going to add in 100 pushups training program. It's a training program that gets you to 100 pushups in 6 weeks. Right now it sounds crazy but I need that structure. I liked my marathon training programs when they gave me an exact workout to get me to an exact goal. Gotta find what works for you right?? Wish me luck!

I'll be weighing in tomorrow and taking measurement and even a picture to log where I was when I started this crazy mess.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck missy! You can do it...you seem ready and so organized. You are gonna rock this.

    ReplyDelete

Holla atcha girl..