Background

Monday, August 30, 2010

Preseason Update

Preseason is going pretty well so far. I’ve got out my measuring devices and am actually trying to figure out my portions by using measuring cups and the scale. I'm working on getting my eye used to seeing the portions I’m supposed to have. Does it take a little more time? Sure, but it’s not going to kill me. This weekend I researched some menu ideas for me to have during the week and started a good grocery list that can hopefully be the staples I keep around.


Last week I made dinner for me and Kb. I made baked chicken parmesan with whole wheat angel hair pasta. YUM-O and he loved it. I made enough to have leftovers for lunches during the week and even made him a chicken parmesan sandwich (on wheat bread) on Sunday. Look at us go!

I also had a little moment I’m pretty proud of… Fridays around here are pretty rough. The company gets breakfast for all of us. I’m talking, doughnuts, kolache’s, breakfast burritos, sausage biscuits from Micky D’s, anything and everything BAD. I woke up Friday wanting something sweet and I knew if I didn’t do something about it I’d eat a doughnut for sure, then be mad at myself because doughnuts really don’t fill you up, they just make you happy. So, my usual go to sweet breakfast at home is a fold over PB&J on wheat. (And by PB I mean the creamy kind, I don’t like rogue nuts in my food. You can ruin a good brownie for me by putting nuts in it) We didn’t have the PB I like and didn’t have any J. (Everything’s still at the trailer) So I had to compromise… I sucked it up and got out Kb’s crunchy peanut butter and made one of my mom’s creations when I was a kid: PB&S. Yep Peanut Butter and Syrup all mixed together in a gooey paste and spread it on a piece of whole wheat bread. It doesn’t take a whole lot of syrup but it’s soo good and it curbed my sweet craving, the protein in the peanut butter kept me full and most of all, I avoided having a doughnut. Ha! How’s that for a work around?!

1 comment:

  1. Yum...we love peanut butter in our house! I had some yesterday on celery.

    ReplyDelete

Holla atcha girl..