Background

Thursday, August 19, 2010

What to do..

I’m working on a plan of action for my new journey. I’ve decided to call September 1st D-Day. We should have all the moving done except for a few boxes but for the most part actually LIVING in the house. I can start grocery shopping again and filling the house with good for me foods. I’m going to try to surround myself with only good snacks and things in the house that make my choices pretty easy.

I’ve also decided I’m going to start Weight Watchers. I’ve tried it in the past, albeit half heartedly, but this time I’m going in head on. I’ve read so many success stories and know people who have done great, it just has to work. The little bit of time I’ve used it, I believe if you follow it, it helps you make the right choices. Obviously you can eat more of what’s good for you so you really have to strategize on your daily intake. I can track online and on my phone so I like that.

I understand the science of weight loss, burning more calories than you take in = weight loss. I also understand how I work. I won’t diet or watch what I’m eating if I don’t workout. That may not be the healthiest stand to take but it’s my stand just the same. Hence, the situation I’m in right now. So, eating plan – check, workout plan – well, this is where it gets tricky… I have to admit I’m a little scared of the ankle. While I like miles of jogging outside that’s probably not the smartest for me just yet. I need to start small and work my way back up. I’m going with Jillian’s 30-day Shred, with a little modification. I like it because it’s only 20 minutes or so, probably the right amount of time for me to get started. My goal is all 5 workday mornings to get up and get my Shred on. I’ll start with Level 1 for week 1 and level 2 for week 2-3 and level 3 for week 4-5. After 5 weeks I’ll need to switch to something else. Anything I do outside of that will be bonus. I may try walks after work, or hitting the elliptical or bike. Either way, I just need to get my body moving. I’m going to try to use this as my daily diary to look back on and see my progress, and to log the good days and bad.

1 comment:

Holla atcha girl..