For the past couple of months, I’ve been on a path to self destruction. The past couple of weeks that path has taken a hard left turn and headed straight down hill. As I’ve said before, I’m not a good dieter if I’m not working out. The Janky ol Ankle has kept me from working out and I’ve been blaming my lack of working out as to why I’ve been eating so horribly. Eating horribly = LBs gained. I didn’t know snowballs could stand this heat but I’m rolling up a pretty big one as I go round and round with excuses. I mean, isn’t that how everyone ends up gaining weight? Excuses, excuses… I’m to the point now where I have no regard as to what I’m putting in my mouth. It’s almost like if I keep eating I’ll eventually be at my heaviest and I’ll have no where to go but down once I start Weight Watchers right? I mean my 1st week’s loss is likely to be 20lbs by simply eating right a doing a few workouts huh? Umm right, I didn’t get this way overnight, I’m not going to be back to a comfortable size overnight either. I keep telling myself “Self, just wait until you have your kitchen back, then you can cook good for you foods, it’s not your fault you have to get fast food for almost every meal” “Self, if you eat leftovers, there’s like half the calories in it than when you got it from that restaurant since you paid for those up front” “Self, you better enjoy that chicken fried steak and peach cobbler cuz once d-day gets here and you can start working out again all this mess will be ovah!” I’m sick of excuses, I’m sick of eating out, I’m sick of feeling bloated and gross, I’m sick of putting on clothes that are too tight and hoping that a button flies off to give me some relief!
The ortho doc officially released me, we have a fridge and all my cooking supplies moved in, so now there are no more excuses. D-day is upon us my friends. My goal this week is to go to the grocery store and stock that fridge and cull out all the bad stuff in there and get started anew. I’m working on a post that logs where I am now and where I’m headed, and goals I’d like to meet along the way. I’m really thinking it through this time and feel good about getting a game plan together.
Happy Monday All!
You can do it girl! You are way more dedicated to working out than I am...that with good food and you will be set. I wish I could work out just half the time you do. I need to work out a lot more :)
ReplyDeleteI have my own set of excuses. I just never like to look at them that way or that it could possible be ME keeping me from having the healthy lifestyle I say that I want.
ReplyDeleteThanks for being vulnerable in writing this. Way to put yourself out there. Go for your goals girl. (o: