Background

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hello Strangers!

I’m baaaaccckkk! Yes, I know I’ve been gone a while but I’ve had this thing called life get in the way. Here’s a quick update
  •  I’m tying the knot! We’ve even set a date! April 16, 2011. ~ My simple country wedding sure takes a lot of planning.
  •  I sold my house in da Hood!! ~ I put it up for sale on a Thursday and got an offer the next Friday. I didn’t even have to put the hard sell on them by telling them the 2nd Tejano Band in Waco practices right across the street every Sunday!
  •  Kb and I bought a house! I closed on the house in da Hood on a Tuesday and we closed on the house in the country the next day
  •  We’ve been remodeling the house in the country! We busted up and replaced tile in the game room and kitchen, stripped all 3 layers of wall paper off the walls in the whole house, painted the entire interior, ripped off wainscoting to find mold behind it, replaced the moldy sheet rock, rewired the electricity and bought all new fixtures. ~ that too takes a lot of time and effort. While all the remodeling was going on Kb and I lived in a 31-foot travel trailer for about 6 weeks. Nothing keeps the love alive like a 31 foot trailer with a slide out.

Before all the remodeling took place I had a set back in my new found running hobby. I sprained my ankle during a floating trip to the Guadeloupe River at the beginning of June. I mean, it was bad. It still is. I went from crutches to a walking boot/cast and am now in a sport type ankle brace and going through physical therapy. The therapist said absolutely no running until I’m 8 weeks out of the boot. *YIKES!* That puts me sometime around October, but as wonky as it is I don’t see that happening too soon.

 

Between the injury, living in the trailer and between houses, I haven’t been able to work out and Kb and I have to eat what we can when we can which has resulted in A LOT of eating out, which has resulted in A LOT of lbs gained. Not good for someone trying to look good in a wedding dress in a few months. I’ve had a few unflattering photos taken recently that have highlighted the position I’m in. I’ve seen those creases from when the fat rolls over for too long, soft arms and shoulders that used to be more firm and even the wiggly flying squirrel arms. Umm.. not pretty and not how I want my wedding photos to turn out.

   
So I’ve decided with the new house comes a newly improved me. I go back to the Physical Therapist and Ortho Dr this week and I’m hoping to get the all clear from both to start getting back to a workout program. I’ve tried to take a few 30 minute walks but the wonky ankle puts my knee all out of sorts and I have to take off a day or 2 to get back to right.

  
I’m working on my strategy to get fit, eat right, and look smoking h-o-t in my wedding dress. Stay Tuned!

 

1 comment:

  1. Yippee!! So glad you are back to bloggy land! You can do it girl...I'm sure just having a kitchen again and being in the house you will be back in routine in no time! You are a champ for lasting as long as you did in that trailer...I would have died.

    ReplyDelete

Holla atcha girl..