Well, I started this blog smack dab in the middle of training for my 1st ever Half Marathon. I've become somewhat addicted to reading about everyone's adventures that I thought I'd share my own. Plus, many of you have motivated me and I hope I can return the favor. So here's how it all started...
This summer I started working out at a bootcamp with my Sister-in-Law (SiL). Now before this I was just a gym rat. No dancy aerobics classes but my own workout of cardio and weights. Always, ALWAYS at a gym. This bootcamp got me outside and I found that you don't need all that gym equipment to get a good workout. Our first session was 4 weeks mid-May to mid-June. By then it starts getting hot in Texas and for extra motivation, the bootcamp offered 5 weeks for the price of 4. Cha-Ching! Suckered me right in. Before I knew it 9 weeks of bootcamp workouts 3 days a week were over. I found that I was a lot stronger than I gave myself credit for and that I just really enjoyed being outside and sweatin it up.
So one day, one of my friends who has been running quite a bit asked me if I wanted to go with her. We start chitty chatting and she tells me she's training for the Houston Marathon in January. WOW! I'm impressed. She tells me she's done some halves and decided to step it up this time. Still IMPRESSED!! I think about it and decide that's what I want to do. That weekend I decided to make it a goal to run in a half marathon before my birthday in May. I tell her about said goal and she says if you start right now you'll be ready for San Antonio. When's that you ask?? NOVEMBER!! EEEEK!! This is truly going to be a challenge.
So I took the challenge and signed up for the San Antonio Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon. Halfway through and I'm feeling pretty good. Keep your fingers crossed!!
Here endth the lesson...
Thanks for stopping by my digs today! I love reading new runners start their journey... still being new to it all myself, it's fun to see how exciting it is for other people too! Good luck with your training, you are going to do great in San Antonio!!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. You're going to love being a part of the running/blogging community, there is untold levels of knowlegde, wisdom and support... if you ever need some words of encouragement or need to ask a question hit me up. My email is on my profile.
ReplyDeleteWow girl...you go! Training for a marathon...you rock!
ReplyDelete