Background

Monday, September 14, 2009

Date night and why I don't "do" Cameron Park

Happy Rainy Monday!! I can't believe all this rain! Since my training started I haven't had to schedule around rain or even debated if I would run in the rain or not. Until this weekend... This week was a short run week for me. 3 miles anytime during the weekend. No sweat right?? I mean I did run 8 last weekend. I run 3 miles before work! Wtih that in mind I gave myself Friday night off. ( as in, I actually let myself go out and have a good time without worrying about my water intake or how dehydrated I would be after consuming so many beers) My sweet honey who I've nicknamed Conway (long story..don't ask) decided to surprise me. He just said pack a bag and prepare to be outside. Sweet huh? I love surprises. And I love being outside! Well, the monsoon of '09 started Friday and everything was flooded. I was happy for the rain but driving in it gets scary. Northbound 35 we go and he tells me he has great tickets for the Texas Ranger Game!! (Usually the Rangers tank after the All Star break but this year they still have a chance) It wasn't raining really that hard but it just wouldn't stop! He had planned ahead and went to Academy and got us ponchos. Mine was purple (my fav!) and his was Gordon's Fish Stick Fisherman yellow.
We got all decked out, looking like a couple of Vikings fans and in we went. A few beers and a couple of hot dogs later the Rangers never came on the field and the game was postponed. Oh Well, at least they didn't lose! We ended up making a night of it at the Stockyards in Ft Worth. Sometimes the dates that you have to improvise turn out the best. You just can't go wrong with some live music and cold beer at the White Elephant!!



On to my run.. Ok folks.. Even though I went to Baylor, I'm a native Wacoan. I don't "do" Cameron Park or go to the "otha side of the riva". There are way too many stories of flashers, people finding condoms and needles and who knows what other freaks are down there. Innocent BU students however don't have the luxury of being terrified with all the stories throughout the years. BUT I thought "Freaks don't get out early on a Sunday do they??"Wrong!! I decided that since my run was a short one I would challenge myself with some hills. The run through Cameron Park is about 3.4 miles so, with the hills, I thought it would be a good workout. On my way back up I had to make a pit stop. I innocently opened the door to the restroom and much to my surprise there was a half naked man squatted down IN THE BATHROOM!!! HE WASN'T EVEN CLOSE TO THE TOILET!! I DON'T LIKE THOSE KIND OF SURPRISES!!! He stood up, I screamed and hauled @ss making it back to the top in record time I'm sure. I imagine I looked something like this...

Lesson learned. I'd rather tempt poison ivy in the bushes than run into THAT again. I mean, what was he doing anyway?? Nevermind.. I probably don't want to know.

9.5 coming up this weekend. Don't know where yet but I bet you can guess where it WON'T be. BTDubs - Go Rangers! Good Job Cowboys! BU's first home game is this week. GO BEARS!!! So glad football's back!!

1 comment:

  1. love the pic of the road runner...HA!! LMOA! that guy is nasti...eeeiiiwwww.

    ReplyDelete

Holla atcha girl..