It's Monday... yippee ...
Actually, I had a pretty good weekend. Conway surprised me by taking us to a nice restaurant here in Big W, Diamondbacks. We don't usually make it to nice restaurants. Not even for holidays or celebrations so it was nice to go "just because". He knew I had a big run on Saturday so it was a nice relaxing evening. I did have a couple glasses of vino. You can't just drink tea with scallops and dee-lish crab cakes can you? No ma'am.
On to my run.. I got out to my parents house in China around 7:30. It's nice to have a "home base" since I run by myself and have to take numerous potty breaks. Plus that area isn't really overpopulated yet and I thought it would make it a nice quiet run for me. I broke up the 9.5 miles into 3 legs. 1st leg was an easy 1.5 mile warm up around the neighborhood and back to moms to pee. 2nd leg was 4.25 miles and I was ROCKIN'. This was mostly because I was on a highway shoulder where the minimum speed was somewhere in the 95-97mph range. I was trying to book it off that sucker as fast as I could. Back down Yankie, which is a little farm road. It's nice when the country isn't too far out from the city. The fog was still on the ground and some longhorns were waking up and moving around. Rabbits were running around. I've found you never see just 1 rabbit so if you see 1 running be on the lookout for his buddy. I passed a guy building a fence. I mean, driving T-posts and 5-7 lines of barbed wire. This was a serious fence. He looked at me when I went by him the 1st time like I was crazy. 3rd leg was tough, it was starting to get hot and I was getting tired. I like running places where I haven't run before because I don't have landmarks telling me what's coming up. I just have to keep going. Well, when I saw Arnett, the 1-mile stretch back home, you would have thought I found the yellow brick road! Back in the day I would have said "You want me to run what? A mile? Are you going to chase me?" Getting to the end I passed the fence builder again. He said "You just run round and round?" I said "Yeah" (at least that's what I think I somehow managed to get out) he said" WHOOOO WEEEEEE" I was like "Hey man, you're building a fence... by yourself... this was easy compared to that" After that, 9.5 was behind me and I was off to my nap.
Here's a recap of that afternoon... The Bears losing at home + George's tent = too many beers
I was exhausted that evening. We went home and watched the Horns win, then off to bed.
Sunday, the Bucs lost and so did the 'Boys. Booooo
Fellow Bucs fan? I knew I liked you.
ReplyDeleteGreat run and next time tell the fence guy to mind his own bidness! LOL!
Glad your run went good! And yes BOOOOOoooo on the Boys...bummer.
ReplyDelete