How-Dee everyone! It’s Tuesday. Unfortunately I don’t have a whole lot to report. Eating’s ok, working out isn’t but tomorrow’s another day. I do have a story about Friday.
Friday was one of those evenings where everything Kb and I had planned went wrong. We went to the store and bought shrimp and veggies to put on the grill for a nice, healthy, relaxing evening. He was planning on going riding with friends on Saturday so after the store we stopped by his parents shop to pick up his motorcycle. This is also the place where we stayed in the trailer for a few weeks. I’m not sure what propelled me to go inside the trailer while he got his bike going but I did, to the pleasant surprise of no electricity. So the little bit of stuff I had in the fridge was ruined. I had left butter, mayo and some other condiments since we’d be taking it to the deer lease soon. All of that was trash. I threw everything out and we headed home. Kb HAD to get his bike all shined up so after helping me unload groceries he started working on it and getting the grill ready for our healthy dinner. This is where things really starting going downhill… Any water hose he used sprayed water everywhere at the connection... while drying off the bike his battery started sizzling... I was trying to do some cleaning in the kitchen when I noticed the new hot water heater for the kitchen wasn’t coming on... When he went to check on the pit the electrical starter was on fire so he jerked out the gas tank and ran inside to get anything he could fill up with water saying, “the grill’s on fire!!”.... I had a wild hair and decided to make brownies. (I guess I thought with everything going on brownies make everything better, right?) It took me over an hour because my oven turned off in the middle of it....
By this time it’s almost 10 and we decided to have leftover pizza and beer on the couch and put the shrimp and veggies up for another day. Kb asked “What else can go wrong tonight?” to which I said.. “Don’t even ask that..”
I think brownies go a LONG way to making things better :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I was laughing reading this, because I totally had one of those days today too. (It's never funny when you're in it, though, right?) And I agree: you should NEVER ask what else could go wrong! Haha, that's just asking for something to.
ReplyDeleteLove your blog!