Background

Friday, September 10, 2010

One Tequila, Two Tequila....

Happy Friday! Here we are on the verge of another weekend. I can’t believe this week flew by like it did. I have to admit I wasn’t able to do a lot of the working out I wanted to this week but I’m not going to get myself down about it. Weather and life got in the way. This weekend should be nice so I’ll hopefully catch up. Good news though, I guess my knee has built some strength back up and isn’t as sore and it has been after my walks so I must be doing something right.


On the eating front I’ve been doing ok. I’ve been staying in my allotted points with a couple of splurges here and there. Speaking of splurge… I went to a tequila tasting class last night. Ay-ay-ay!!!, yep on a Thursday! We have this great new liquor store in town that’s doing classes every other week or so and a friend of mine and I signed up. So far we’ve done a wine tasting and now a tequila tasting. It was very educational. Now, I L.O.V.E. my margaritas but the calories in them are crazy. I had a few tequila shots in my day but never tried different ones back to back. Of course these weren’t “shots” but sips so you can learn the difference between the types of tequila and find what you like, much like a wine tasting if you’ve ever been to one. We had 7 total tequilas from Jose Cuervo and Don Julio. Here’s what I learned…actually what the tasting confirmed. I don’t like anything from Jose Cuervo. I kinda already knew that but I learned that it’s made form an area in Mexico where there are volcanoes and different minerals in the soil. I guess I don't like those minerals then huh? Who knew right? I also found out I have expensive taste. The bottle of Don Julio 1942 costs over $100 and smells like vanilla. Sooo good. More in my price range, I liked Don Julio Reposado the best. After the tasting, Kb and my friend’s husband had a healthy dinner of baked Salmon Croquettes, corn and super sweet and juicy watermelon. So all that makes the tequila balance out right?



Have a good weekend peeps! I’ll catch ya on the flipside!!

2 comments:

  1. Why I am singing...three tequila floor? Good news about your knee. You sort of need it to move around, right? Why are margaritas so full of calories...that's not fair - ha! The Don Julio 1942 sounds good...hey, that was the year my mother was born. No wonder it's so expensive. Interesting post about tequila...ay ay ay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to a wine & cheese tasting but never a Tequila tasting..Sounds interesting and fun and makes my mouth water just thinking about it! I've had plenty of Tequila Tastes in my lifetime but It was always the same kind and usually on a Friday night..LOL Glad your knees getting stronger, nothing worse than sore knees!

    ReplyDelete

Holla atcha girl..