Well, I didn’t exactly plan out D-day right. I just had to start my journey right before a 3 day weekend. Weekends are so tough. We aren’t as structured during the weekends as I am at work. We sleep late, eat late or sometimes not at all and DRINK. O how I love my beer. And wine. And… well any other cocktail. During the week I’m pretty good at just saying “no” except for the occasional glass or red wine at night. The weekends are a whole other story. How can you play dominos and not drink a few beers? What do you drink with turkey bacon wrapped dove on the grill?? Beer of course! What? Are you going to have water? Not this gal. Other than a few drinks I really tried to watch my portions, and make better decisions, which I think is the best I can do on the weekends. We made breakfast burritos at home instead of going to our favorite Hole-in-the –Wall Mexican restaurant. Mmmm El Taquito, how I love your ~HOT~ salsa, that I have to shovel in my mouth for fear that if I stop my lips will burn off, but your lard laden refried beans do not love my waistline. I’m pretty sure that was a good idea and kept the cals and fat down. So being back at work is like a little safety net for me. I can log, and snack my good snacks and know when my next meal will come and be able to plan accordingly.
The weekend wasn’t a total loss, I was able to go on a couple of walks and get some pilates in before starting my 100 pushups program. It was raining this morning or I would have gone walking and got that workout in. Hey, only when I’m in serious training mode do I do ANYTHING in the rain. So I’ll it tonight, big deal, as long as it happens right?
My first weigh in is tomorrow morning. Wish me luck! Happy Tuesday, People!
great job and good luck!
ReplyDelete