Background

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Initial Thoughts on the Cleanse


So I’m a couple of days into the cleanse. So far, it isn’t too bad. I did a good job of planning and prepping this weekend. This is my first time having my whole week planned out so each day and I can just grab my food and go. I do sometimes have to call an audible and do my best when life happens. Like today, I ended up with the Boss at lunch and he wanted to have Italian. I ended up with some grilled chicken and veggies tossed in marinara sauce. Not bad right? (even though Fatty wanted chicken and pasta tossed in creamy gorgonzola cheesy goodness with maybe a sprinkle of bacon)
 That fiber drink is rough! Whew! I mixed it with a little bit of Tropicana 50 OJ and it made it go down smoother. I also blended it with a little bit of ice so I could convince myself the consistency was from blended ice and not roots and tree bark or whatever is pulverized into the mix. I have to be honest; I was worried about all that fiber at once, especially after reading the title of Holly’s post. I get some pretty good action from a Fiber One Bar but so far it’s been ok. I was really pretty full all day but still ate my snacks and light lunch I had planned.
 
I like the Mango/Strawberry spark. I only had it before breakfast and since I don’t drink much caffeine during the day that was enough for me. I do have an emergency stash with me though.
 Workouts have been non-existent. I was using the little monster as my alarm clock but fortunately he’s been sleeping until 6. So while I’m thankful for a little extra sleep, I’m going to have to set my alarm if I want to get my ass up and moving before he wakes up.


That’s it for now, nothing too exciting. I’ll check back in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holla atcha girl..