Background

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Taking it slow...

Hey All!! I'm back! Yeah, I know it's been a while but I've been busy, I promise. I'm not sure I know exactly what I've been busy doing but apparently it hasn't been blogging or running for that matter. Good News!! Running and I are back together!! We're just testing things out right now and taking it day by day but I just feel better being out there. I even have a running group! My hairdresser wants to run in her 2nd Half Marathon and asked if I would too! Yeah! I love having something to look forward to. She has another friend she's training with so we all meet twice a week at 530am and with long runs on the weekend. We want to run in the Inaugural Mardi Gras Marathon in New Orleans. It's in February which stills gets me in under my stated goal of doing this before my next birthday. I like getting my runs out of the way in the am but DAYUM it's a cold motha freaka out there! I haven't mastered the art of layering yet. I'm either way to warm and sweaty under my layers or the wind whips though the light layers. I'll figure it out though.



BTDubs - I ran in my 1st race ever!! It was the 5K Turkey Trot through Cameron Park. Yes, I returned to Cameron Park even after my last experience , I figured I was safe with all the people out there. Surely someone checked the bathrooms and made sure everyone had their clothes on. It was rainy and kinda cold and it was only my 2nd time out for a run after the Dr told me to lay off for about 4-6 weeks. The hills there are K.I.L.L.E.R., I was pretty slow and had to take lots of walk breaks. I came in close to last of the runners and behind a lady with her stroller but before all of the walkers. YAY FOR ME!! Actually, I LOVED IT! I wasn't the most comfortable in the rain but when I came to the finish, there were volunteers standing around in the rain cheering all the participants on. I felt really accomplished. I said I was going to do something and despite weather not cooperating, my leg not feeling 100%, and knowing I was going to get my tail kicked by the route, I did it. Don't you just love reaching your goals?

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the Turkey Trot!

    I'm happy you got some running buddies good luck with the 5am thing..Arghhh that would be hard.

    ReplyDelete

Holla atcha girl..