Background

Thursday, November 12, 2009

A House for Sale in Da Hood

Going to the highest bidder... Yep ol 43rd Street is going up for sale. I've had it!! It's my first house and I bought it all by myself a little over 5 years ago. I remember when I was looking for what I could "afford" and it wasn't much. The houses weren't in great areas, they all had orange or green shag carpet. The walls were either the lovely shade of pea green or were dark and paneled. Wow! That was depressing. I made an ok living but the Baylor Student Loans I was and still am paying back limit me on what I can shell out every month. Thanks BU!! But then I stepped it up a little and decided I would pay a little more for a house that didn't need as much work and didn't have bars on the windows. Then the realtor took me to 43rd Street. I fell in love immediately. It was in a decent neighborhood, had normal, neutral carpet and neutral color on the walls, a great yard, great trees and a line of hedges in the back that made my yard feel secluded. I could even live with the sea foam and forest green tile in the bathroom. (at least it wasn't salmon pink) When I was looking at it and deciding what to do another buyer pulled up and was waiting on me to get out of I my house!. I looked at the realtor and asked what I needed to do. Off we went to his office and an offer was made. While the negotiating was taking place I had to go across the street to Johnny Carino's for a glass of wine to calm my nerves. That's a big deal for a 26 year old single woman!! I had 5 great years in the house and Conway helped me remodel this year.

Sad to say my car has been broken into twice this year and the last straw was when my license plate was taken over the weekend. That's all I need is my license number and name being called over a police scanner for being involved in a drive by shooting or bank robbery get away car. I spent most of Monday making reports, getting my new license plate and then putting the sucker back on. They took the whole bracket and screws!! Seriously? So that's it! My wonderful first home has been tainted and I've been violated so I'm OUT! The next house has a few musts!!
1 - 2 bathrooms it's not so bad when you live alone but since Conway's been back you just don't have the privacy
2 - Washer and dryer must be inside - no, it wasn't in an attached garage that you could get to through a door in the kitchen. It was in a detached garage in the back yard.
3 - a garage I can actually park my car in - Hopefully this will reduce my car insurance if I stop replacing windows.

See, I'm not real picky. Conway and I are already looking at a few possibilities. Cross your fingers my house will sell soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck...it is a cute little house, and I think it will sell REAL quick.

    ReplyDelete

Holla atcha girl..