Since I started this running biz I've found I'm
much stronger than I gave myself credit for. I put a goal out there, had a plan of attack and stuck with it until my shin splint flared up. I got all the way up to 11 miles before my leg crapped out on me. If you had told me, "Jenn, in '09 you're going to get a crazy thought in your head and train for a half marathon even though you aren't an athlete, have never trained for anything before and are pretty uncoordinated" I'd say "
B, you so crazy!" But here I am, I mean mentally, I feel like I can do anything as long as I hold up physically. Thinking about and training for still my 1st HM, I've decided to put out a couple of more goals. I'll be expanding on them in the coming days. I feel like if I say it out loud I'm more accountable so here goes...
1 - Run that 1/2 Marathon that has so far eluded me
2 - Lose 20 pounds (I know, right now isn't the best time to work on a weight loss goal but I'm kidding myself if I say I'll eat what I want now but after New Year's is a whole other story. No, I'm pretty sure I'd be miserable. )
3 - Pick a charity to volunteer with (I said I was going to do this last year. O Where has 2009 gone?)
4 - Run in more local charity 5ks
5 - Run in another Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon - Maybe San Antonio? (I really want that Rock Star Medal)
So these aren't all exactly the most S.M.A.R.T. goals but I plan on breaking them down. Once I do, I'll use this as a diary to keep me honest. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Holla atcha girl..