Background

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

We were on a BREAK!!!!

No running posts for a little while. Running and I are taking a break. It sucks too. After my 11 miler a couple of weeks ago what I thought were just some shin splints starting getting worse and the pain more concentrated. I went ahead with my weekly runs the next week and a simple 4 miler on Sunday. Monday, the pain was getting worse so I made the dreaded appointment with my Orthopedic Doc. (He isn't the most encouraging. I went to him a couple of years ago when I fractured my tibia and sprained my ankle leaving George's Bar. Not that the beers had anything to do with it. It was my damn heels and those paving stones ok, and the beers.) He had me off working out for a while and in a walking cast for about 6 weeks. He looked at me like "Crazy woman, won't you ever learn" But I'm a new woman now. I was taking my training slow and serious. Really trying not to hurt myself and really try to get my body in shape, I scheduled plenty of rest days and was really feeling good about my training. I even just loaded NIN Pretty Hate Machine on my running playlist. ARGHHH!!
Maybe it was the shock of my body that had never trained for anything and never run in a 5k race before, that taking on the 1/2 was too much. He's scheduled an MRI for Friday, so I have to wait for the results of that. 12.5 were scheduled for this weekend so that's out. But you know what's in???? The Wine and Food Festival benefitting the Animal Shelter!! If I can't run I should definitely WINE!!

2 comments:

  1. Awww...so sorry! I hope you are back to running soon.

    Wine & Food fest sounds like the bomb! Some days I wish I still lived in Waco...and then I wake up.

    HA! j/k Waco is good. Have some wine for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes breaks are good. I just found out I have tendonitis in my knee...ugh..and my Doc said no running.

    Wine and Food Fest sounds much more fun than running. :)

    ReplyDelete

Holla atcha girl..