Background

Monday, October 5, 2009

100 miles!!

I reached 100 miles this weekend!! At least that's where I am since I've been logging which is about when I bought my shoes. If you had asked me to make a New Year's Resolution to run 100 miles this year, much less run a half marathon I'd say you were eff-in crazy. BUT I did it!! I capped off the week with an 11 mile run in China again out by my parents house. Everything was going great until the end when my the front of my shins started getting really stiff. Energy level was ok but my legs were starting to give out and I was getting slower and s.l.o.w.e.r. I'm starting to get the hang of this long distance running but I think I still need some work. I was short one of my weekly runs and I think that hurt me.

I'm going to Leander this Friday to play in a golf tournament. After that I'm going to go by RunTex. It's a speciality running store in Georgetown. We don't have one here in Wacko, but I can hit Georgetown on the way back home. I underpronate and I think I need to try some new shoes. I hope they can help me. I've been told they're pretty good. My problems are 1) my outside toes go numb in my long distance runs. Since I've broken in my shoes, this doesn't happen as quickly but it still happens. 2) I'm wondering if that's why my shins kill me for a while after a run?? I have some inserts but if they aren't supporting in the right area what good are they? My other question is, when do I change my shoes? Now? 4-5 weeks before the race?? I figure I'll add on 50 or so miles before the race so if I'm going to change I guess now is the time? These are all things I'm hoping the pros can help me with.

That's all for now. Gotta go watch Brett Favre beat the only remaining team in the NFL he hasn't beat yet. THE PACKERS!! Come on OLD MAN!!

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! Go you! Best of luck with the new shoes. You're gonna feel like a new woman. BTW, don't be scared to run around the store as you try them all. It helps. Sure you look and feel a tad goofy BUT it's a running store and the shoes are an investment.

    ReplyDelete

Holla atcha girl..