My race is in 2 freakin weeks!! I can't believe it! I only have 1 Sunday then Wham-O! Here it is. YIKES!! So far shin splints are feeling pretty good. I have an acupuncture treatment scheduled this week and will schedule 1 for next week as well. I'm not sure if it was the rest, the new shoes or the acupuncture treatments that have helped the most but I'm sticking with the plan that has helped so far. I signed friends and fam up for runner tracking. I just wanted to sign up Kb but it was none or 5. Oh well, I'm sure they're just as excited as I am for the race. HA!
Ok, so I missed out on the last 1/2 marathon with my shin splints. They hit me like 4-5 weeks before the race and were killer. What happened this week?? I step off the porch and twist my ankle. Now, this happens all the time. Sometimes it has lasting effects, sometimes not so much. I have weak ankles anyway but this particular ankle was severely sprained and my tibia was fractured a couple of years ago in a fall leaving George's Bar. (No, it wasn't the beers I had consumed it was the slope in which the step stones were laid out... ok, and the 3 inch heels.... ok, and the beers) So I'm not exactly what you would call "graceful". Anyway, it has been jacked up ever since. (It happens to be the same leg that I got my shin splints in. Don't know if 1 has anything to do with the other or not)
So back to Friday, I stepped off the porch and twisted my ankle. It kinda hurt but it always does then goes away. Back to work I go, no biggie. Went to the gym for some work on the dreadmill and to keep it interesting I did some intervals with sprints. Umm Yep, that's right, Miss Smarty Pants over here didn't lay off the ankle that day and paid for it the rest of the weekend. When I got up Saturday and Sunday it was super sore. It was so pretty outside Kb and I went to the Golf Course to spend the day. (I kicked his A$$!! I was sinking putts like nobody's bid-ness Holla!!) I could feel my ankle swelling around my little socks. **Not good**
The ankle is a little less sore today so I'm headed to the gym to hop on the bike. Gotta keep that cardio going!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Holla atcha girl..