It's Friday!! Yippee!! This is one of the best Friday's eva! The Friday before my 1st 1/2 Marathon AND before my week long va-cay in Costa Rica!! I would be pretty worthless at work but luckily we have quite a bit going on that's keeping me focused.
This morning it was pretty chilly here but has warmed up fast. Beautiful blue skies are making this Friday just a little more awesome.
Ok, so I did my dress rehearsal with all my gear on. It went pretty well. I bought a new belt/pocket thing I can carry around my phone or camera in and it stayed in place so I'm happy. Shoes are still treating me right. I'm still debating on how I should layer. I know it will be cold at first but will warm up. I'm thinking about just wearing something I can shuck off when I start to get too warm. I also had my last acupuncture treatment before the race yesterday afternoon. Shins are still feeling good I just need to them hold out for a few more miles then I'll let them rest. Ya hear that janky old Shin Splints? I said I PROMISE to REST if you'll carry me to the end.
Drinking lots of water and trying to get enough rest this week should get me ready. Planning on going to bed super early on Saturday night and hoping to get some good sleep.
As far as Costa Rica goes.. well I can't get past Sunday so no, I'm not packed or ready. I do know where my passport is but that's about it. We don't leave until Tuesday but I took off Monday to do all the things for the trip that I haven't done so far. Wish me luck!! Next time you hear from me I'll be a full blown 1/2 Marathoner!... or 1/2 Marathon Finisher!...or 13.1 Mile Runner in an organized Race! Aw Hell, whatever you call it I'll be a goal achiever for sure. LATER TATERS!!!
Yup just wear some old clothes you don't mind tossing or hit up the local goodwill.
ReplyDeleteGOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Luck! I can't wait to hear how it goes! You'll do great!
ReplyDeletegood luck and have fun!
ReplyDeleteGood Luck!!!!! You'll do great :)
ReplyDeleteYay good luck, good luck, good luck.
ReplyDelete