Background

Friday, November 6, 2009

Dirty Love Burger at 1am

**Before I start my fun recap of the week gone by I just want to take a minute to honor those killed yesterday at the massacre at Ft Hood. We have an office in Killeen and many of those have family that work on the base and I know yesterday was horrific. Please keep the families of the victims and all our troops in your prayers**

Good Lord where has the week gone. I've been super busy and haven't had time to post or catch up but I'm doing so slowly. Here's the cliff notes on what's been going on so far...

Running - Still injured but I may have found some new running buddies, which gives me hope that I'll still have the motivation to finish my 1st Half by my Birthday in May. Until I can start running I'm stuck at the stinky boring gym and just don't get the same satisfaction. Plus it has been PERFECT weather here. That makes the gym that much worse.

Halloween - Halloween in Cowtown was a BLAST!! Conway and I went to the Ranch Bash at Sundance Square and saw Roger Creager, Ryan Bingham and Charlie Robison. (ok, Conway got his name when I threatened to dress him up as Conway Twitty for Halloween. Ya know, tight shirt, gold necklace, 70's aqua net boof hairdo and trucker hat. This would be funny if we were going to a friends house that would know we were dressed up, as it was, we went to Ft Worth and dressing up as a redneck country singer really isn't much of a stretch, so I'll have to keep that until next year)

One of the best costumes I saw was a chick dressed up as Box Wine. She made copies of the lables big enough for the box she was wearing and even had a pour spout. I got nervous when I saw her trying to light a cigarette but somehow she managed. Genius. The winner of the costume contest was a dude dressed up as Lt Dan from Forrest Gump. Except he wasn't actually an amputee but had his legs tucked in and you couldn't tell until he started jumping around when he won. It was still hard to look at him for fear you were staring at a cripple. Which he wasn't, but he made the most out of that wheelchair all night.

After the concert, we headed back to the stockyards and hit up the White Elephant. Before turning in at the Stockyard Hotel we got a burger from the Love Shack. Not just a burger but the Dirty Love Burger. WOW-ZA!!! Chef Tim Love has a restaurant in the Stockyards called Lonesome Dove, it's a nice Texas-y place with game on the menu like buffalo, kangaroo and rabbit, but he also has the Love Shack. A walk up, order a beer and a burger kind of place. We got the Dirty Love Burger. It was a cheese burger with love sauce and a fried quail egg. YES AN EGG AND IT WAS DA'BOMBDIGGITY!! I don't know what was in the "love sauce" but it may have been laced with crack because I'm starting to need a fix. Yum-O!! Juliane cut fresh french fries with sea salt. At 1:00am after an all day beer fest it hit the spot. The best was when Conway was getting ketchup out and the one was trying to open must have had a pin hole in it since it was spewing ketchup all over the wall of the historic Stockyard Hotel!! Good times folks!

It's a state holiday tomorrow in the Lone Star State. Opening weekend of Deer Season. Ok, maybe it isn't an actual holiday but hunters think it should be. Conway and I will be in the stand early, early tomorrow to see what kind of critters come our way. Things get crazy at the deer lease so stay tuned for some good stories. Have a great weekend all!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend...and the idea of box wine lady is FAB!!

    Have fun @ the deer lease :)

    ReplyDelete

Holla atcha girl..