Background

Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Final Countdown

So I've been busy.. Shoot me. Here's a quick update... I'm still pregnant and it's July in Texas so it's hot as balls.

Actually, we're officially in the less than 1 month countdown to 'D' day. I can't believe it. As much as I was worried about everything, so far it really hasn't been that bad. I haven't been sick, I haven't put on a ton of weight (about 20ish pounds so far), energy level has been pretty decent considering my situation and I haven't had any wacky pregnancy symptoms like leakage from every orifice. Here's what's been going down since I last posted...

  • We have had a couple of showers. 1 was thrown by my good girlfriends and another by my sister in law.

The Girls:
Me & Mom:

KB and I are really pretty blessed to have such great friends and family around us.

  • I have to say, I'm about over this whole pregnancy business. While it hasn't been that bad it hasn't exactly been fun either. I'm ready to get on with my new normal. I don't know if you're ever really ready to have your baby home with you but I'm definitely ready to NOT be pregnant.
  • I have the best Husband ever. Kb has been pretty sweet throughout this. He's gone to every Dr appointment with me. Listened to me whine about whatever random pain I'm having or whatever fear I have. He's taken good care of me making sure I'm resting, or I'm cool or I have something cold to drink when we're out and about. He even came home last night and baked me an angel food cake. WHAT?!? Love him.
  • I'm ready to get my energy back. I hate going home to rest. I'm usually up and around doing something. Working on the house, working out (I REALLY miss having the energy to work out) but I'm trying to listen to my body and if it says rest I do it. Now's not the time to push myself or try to be a hero.
  • I'm obsessed with reading about labor and delivery. I read through all the horrible ones until I find one that the epidural worked, labor only lasted for a few hours and the baby was out in a couple of pushes. That's the story I'm going for.
  • I'm kinda in the zone. I'm doing prenatal yoga, listening to meditation and relaxation cds, I'm making lists for things I need at the hospital or at home, contacting insurance companies, the hospital, my daycare I've set up, the pediatrician and whoever else needs to know our little man will be here soon. 
Guess that's all I've got for now. Stay tuned and keep cool.

1 comment:

  1. You look UH-MAZING! Seriously! I am VERY envious that you've only gained 20 pounds! You will lose that in the hospital...seriously!

    As I'm sure you probably figured out with my lack of blog posts, I kind of had a baby SIX WEEKS AGO...LOL! Time flies...NO JOKE! I'm going to be posting here one of these days (for some reason, other things have taken priority over blogging...you'll find this out soon enough!). I'll be praying for a quick and safe delivery for you and your baby!!

    ReplyDelete

Holla atcha girl..