As Kb starts talking to some of his friends, none of them are D by the way, he finds out D has recruited them to help him and they're asking Kb about finalizing everything. What time, how many and all that. We still don't have a clue what's going on or when we're supposed to be there.
So if you're keeping score here goes..
- The party is scheduled to be at a bar... before it opens
- I don't know who all of OUR friends and family he invited
- Guests have been recruited to bring stuff for the party
- Did I mention it's at a bar, where I can't drink, but my hubs will probably get snockered since he has a designated driver?
We get to the party on Saturday and there's brisket and the fixin's. Most fixin's provided by guests and then people start to arrive. Actually the guys from the couples that we know show up with diapers in hand. I asked where their wives were and they said "Uh, we thought it was guys only..." Fabulous.
It turned out ok and was a fun night, just kind of a wreck getting it together. Some of my girlfriends were there and that was nice. We got mostly diapers and a couple of other gifts. Most of the diapers were just added to the pile with no cards to know who they came from so I'm not sure who to send thank yous to. Kb sent out a few texts to some of our friends that he knew were there and expressed our appreciation. Hopefully that will do, I'm not real sure the etiquette on a party like this. Here's a pic of us at the party and a picture of our haul at the house afterwards.
Kid-less Kb and Jenn look at this and think WOW that's a LOT of diapers, they'll last FOREVER! Our friends that know better tell us it's a good start. Yikes!
Also, if you take a close look you'll see Baby Boy got his first gun at the party. Now I just have to keep Dad from playing with it and put a tag on it that says DO NOT OPEN TIL 2018!!
AHAHAHAHAHA! THIS. IS. AMAZING! It sounds like you have some AWESOME-SAUCE friends! Not only did you have your baby in the bar, but you had a party celebrating your baby in the bar! Mom of the Year award goes to YOU, lady!!
ReplyDeleteAnd whoa nelly, look at all those diapers! I'd say you're set for a while!! Very cool :)