Background
Friday, March 1, 2013
Bassmaster 2013
Last weekend we went to the "Superbowl of Bass Fishing" aka Bassmasters.
Are you jealous yet?
We loaded up the in-laws bus and headed to Tulsa. There were 10 of us and the plan was to take the bus and 2 trucks. We ended up with 10 people the bus and 1 truck. A friend had planned on taking his truck for the past year we've had this planned but decided we didn't need it at the last minute. Do the math there.. we have a 40 foot bus that really can't maneuver too well in the downtown area and 1 truck to shuttle all 10 of us around. Brilliant.
3 hours in and everyone's making drinks and playing loud music, we're a rolling party! I'm of course miserable and everyone is on my nerves. I was a bear last week and anxiety was at an all time high so being locked up with drunk idiots really wasn't on my top 10 list. At that point it wasn't on my top 100 list.
Anywhoo.. we get to Tulsa and it's cold. And the heater in the 1 truck we have doesn't work. Nice. This trip is just getting better. The guys get up to go to the launch, yes at 17deg people lineup along the banks of a lake 2 hours away to watch professional anglers take off. Did I go? you ask.. Umm Hell no. The 5 guys loaded up in the truck with no heat and had to use hand warmers to remove the ice that was forming inside the truck from condensation.
After that we went to the expo. They have all the latest and greatest fishing stuff that my husband and the other guys just had to have. They were like kids in a toy store. I can't imagine the guys walking around with us at a bridal or baby expo.
We did see the Lombardi trophy of bass fishing...
And the World Record Bass
Then we went to the weigh in. Which is an event. Music, lights, a ton of people and they kept the rednecks satisfied with these..
I was disappointed with the winner though, he wasn't as excited as I'd hoped. He looked like he had somewhere else to be. Can you imaging a pitcher winning the world series and just walking off the mound. That's about what it looked like. Oh well..
I survived and didn't kill anyone. It was a long trip and Kb asked what we were going to do next year "I guess we'll just bring the kid" In my best mom voice that everyone knows means "no" I said We'll see babe, we'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Holla atcha girl..